- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder or carob powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2-1 tsp stevia powder
- 1/2 cup flaxmeal
- 1-1/2 cup coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pumpkin seeds (whiz up in a coffee grinder)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in one bowl (it’s a great idea to taste now and tweak if needed)
- Put remaining ingredients in a separate bowl
- Combine the 2 bowls and mix well.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet or wax paper and freeze.
- Once solid, transfer to a Ziploc bag for storage and keep frozen. FYI, these “cookies” lose their shape if they reach room temperature.
- Coconut oil and flesh are great anti-fungals and provide medium chain triglycerides that burn rapidly in the mitochondria of the cell.
- Pumpkin seeds are a gentle anti-parasitic
- The high fiber content provides a food source for friendly bacteria in the intestines.
As you probably learned through your own experience, it’s often hard to convince patients that changing their diet or lifestyle is critical to good health.
We have found that patients are more likely to be convinced to make these essential changes after hearing other’s success stories.
Fill out the brief review below and we will feature your success story on our blog!