Recipe courtesy of Leaves of Life
This recipe is easy to make in big batches for a summer crowd. Serve it from a clear drink dispenser to show off the beautiful herbs and keep the stems out of your guests glasses.
- 1/2 gallon filtered water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Stevia to taste
- Herbs of choice : suggestions include lavender, dill, rosemary, basil and mint
- Add herbs and a small portion of stevia to a clear drink dispenser.
- Add lemon juice and water.
- Test for desired balance of sweet, tart, and herbs. Adjust ingredients as necessary.
- Start with a small amount of stevia (either powder or drops)… you can always add more as you go.
- If using leafy herbs such as mint or basil, add them to your container first and crush the leaves a bit with a muddler. This releases the oils and flavors the lemonade more quickly.
- If using more delicately sized herbs such as lavender or rosemary, leave the herbs intact on their stem.