- 8-16 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 4-5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 8-10 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes or spaghetti sauce or combo 1-1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste Sauté mushrooms in 2 tbsp olive oil until slightly tender, then set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and chicken thighs and cook 4-5 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and cover to keep both warm.
- Add remaining olive oil and chopped onion and cook until translucent, then add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Now add chicken broth and scrape all the brown bits from bottom of skillet into broth, then add back chicken, mushrooms and tomatoes and simmer on low heat until sauce is thickened to desired consistency.
- Add marjoram and parsley and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Delicious served over mashed cauliflower. In the photo, the greens poking out are wilted spinach. You can also add peppers or green onions or use fresh tomatoes from the garden for some taste variations.