- 1 lb chicken, cooked and chopped
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups green beans, snapped
- 2 medium potatoes (Yukon gold are lower glycemic than white)
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive or grapeseed oil
- Heat oil in a deep sauce pan over low heat and add minced garlic; stirfry for 1 minute or until garlic is aromatic but not browned
- Add all other ingredients and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Fresh dill is a nice addition to this soup when it’s available. Add a dollop of butter to the pan or a few dribbles of olive oil to individual servings as an enhancer and to increase satiety.