- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons good curry powder (or adjust to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne or other ground red pepper (or to taste)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes (fire-roasted preferred)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- salt to taste
- Heat a medium-sized, non-stick sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and a sprinkle of salt and cook, stirring, until onions soften. Add garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the chickpeas, curry powder, and red pepper, and stir briefly.
- Add the tomatoes and cooked quinoa, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add salt to taste.