- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (cashew, soy, or hemp)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 2 ounces roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Herbamare or sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender fitted with a sharp blade.
- Blend until super creamy.
- Pour into a small saucepan and whisk over medium heat until thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly before pouring using. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve immediately.
Pour over a plate of elimination friendly chips and top with your favorite toppings. Or, for a twist, pour over elimination friendly noodles as a mac n cheese substitute!