I’m not precise w/salsa, but here’s what I throw in:
- Assorted peppers (1-2 hot ones to jack it up a little)
- Onion (purple is beautiful)
- Basil and assorted other herbs (parsley, cilantro, marjoram, whatever is on hand)
- Juice of 1-2 lemons or limes
- A li’l salt
- Garlic–several cloves, peeled
- Dice one large tomato, onion and largest peppers and set aside
- Blend all remaining ingredients in a blender
- Combine chopped and blended ingredients and season to taste
- Bam! Salsa!
Great for topping omelets, added to bean soup during cooking or after, and even as a salad dressing. Great as a snack with chips–try adding some guac or hummus to balance it.
This is a great way to use abundant cherry tomatoes!