- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut to bite size
- 1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Juice from 1 medium orange
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 small jalapeno, remove seeds and mince
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale, remove tough stems and dice
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- In a large skillet, heat half the coconut oil over medium heat and sauté the chicken for 5-7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, pepper and onions and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the kale and almonds, stir well, bring to a simmer and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove all ingredients from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, add the remaining coconut oil and kale and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Serve the chicken on top of the kale, adding a sprinkle of almonds on top.
- I always use the tough stems of the kale, but have found that you have to cook them longer than the leaves with some moisture. I factor that in so none of my precious super food goes to waste.