- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder or carob powder
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2-1 tsp stevia powder
- 1/2 cup flaxmeal
- 1-1/2 cup coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pumpkin seeds (whiz up in a coffee grinder)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in one bowl (it’s a great idea to taste now and tweak if needed)
- Put remaining ingredients in a separate bowl
- Combine the 2 bowls and mix well.
- Drop onto a cookie sheet or wax paper and freeze.
- Once solid, transfer to a Ziploc bag for storage and keep frozen. FYI, these “cookies” lose their shape if they reach room temperature.
- Coconut oil and flesh are great anti-fungals and provide medium chain triglycerides that burn rapidly in the mitochondria of the cell.
- Pumpkin seeds are a gentle anti-parasitic
- The high fiber content provides a food source for friendly bacteria in the intestines.