- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder to taste (not pictured here)
- Nutritional yeast to taste (not pictured here)
- Remove most of tough portion of stems
- Dribble oil over kale and using your hands, massage it onto both sides of all leaves. This will just take 30-60 seconds.
- Spread kale in a mostly single layer on a large baking sheet or pizza sheet
- Sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and nutritional yeast
- Bake at 225 for 30 minutes, then check for areas of moistness – shift kale chips around if needed for even drying
- Turn oven off once mostly dry and allow to slowly finish drying with door closed
Tips: Try adding a spritz of lemon juice or other powdered herbs for variety before baking. To keep kale from getting stale/moist, store in an airtight container. Dried kale can be crumbled into soups, added as a crunchy salad topper or enjoyed straight up!