- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard (if eating Gluten Free, always look for USDA certified Gluten Free if a pre-packaged food to ensure that there was no possibility of cross-contamination)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups olive oil
- Mix egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl.
- Using a hand held beater, slowly drizzle in olive oil. You can add faster, but only a bit faster, once mayo starts to emulsify/cream up.
- Continue mixing until mayo is at desired consistency.
- For a zesty varitaion on this recipe, try adding ginger! This lends itself nicely to a more Asian-inspired dish, or just puts a fresh spin on an old fave.