This recipe is an adaptation of several I’ve seen with my own twists.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped (can use combination of purple/green in desired ratio)
- 2 cups shredded, peeled carrots
- ¼ cup vinegar (white or apple cider)
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp dry or fresh dill
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayo (see Paleo mayo recipe)
- Mix cabbage and carrots in a large bowl until evenly blended.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl until uniform, then add to cabbage/carrot mix and stir until coated.
- I like to take some cabbage/carrot mix and dip it in my dressing mix and tweak the taste a bit before finalizing. Sometimes I’m in the mood for a sweeter taste and I’ll add a few pinches of stevia powder.
- Sometimes I go heavier on the dill, especially when my garden is giving me piles and piles of it.
- Some people like to salt and wilt their cabbage for an hour or so and then rinse and drain before preparing. I just go for it!