- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 16 oz can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cooked red quinoa
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp roasted ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tsp tamari
- 1-2 large leaves of swiss chard or kale chopped
- 1 large yam, baked or sliced and steamed
- chili powder to taste
- Herbamare to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 small avocado, chopped (omit if doing 2 week NO FAT plan)
- Salsa *optional
1. Cook quinoa.
2. Cook or reheat cooked yams.
3. When quinoa and yams are almost done, sauté onions dry in a non-stick pan for 4-5 minutes until soft.
4. Add in garlic and bell peppers and sauté for another 2 minutes.
5. Add in black beans and quinoa and stir to heat through for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add in seasonings and swiss chard and stir to wilt.
7. Add in green onions and cilantro and stir.
8. Cut up yams into cubes and gently toss with hash to combine..
9. Season to taste with chili powder, Herbamare or salt and pepper.
10. Spoon into bowls and top with chunks of avocado and salsa if desired.